I really enjoy decorating for the holidays. I do not however enjoy the price of holiday decor. This means that i use a lot of hand-me-down decorations or handmade items. I was noticing , this year, as I was putting out me decorations that they are starting to not suite MY style. That’s when I decided to make these whimsical Lorax inspired “flowers”. They are so easy and quick and I kind of want to put them everywhere.
Here is what you need:
*sparkly pipe cleaners (green)
1. There is not a picture of this, but cut one piece of yarn about 8 inches long for tying your pom pom. Then hold one end of your longer yarn with your thumb and begin wrapping it around your pointer and middle fingers until you have a nice “forkful of spaghetti”
2. This is your “forkful of spaghetti”
3.Take the 8″ piece of yarn you cut and stick it through your two fingers and back around the other side and tie a loop in the middle of your “spaghetti”
4.Place one of your pipe cleaners about an inch into your middle string. Pull tight and tie a knot.
5.Fold down the end of your pipe cleaner and wrap it around itself tightly.
6. Cut your loops so that it forms a shaggy ball.
7. Trim your shaggy ball . The closer you get to the middle, the neater the ball will look. It is ok to leave it shaggy if you prefer that look. *hint- to trim all of the loose ends -fluff the ball in your palm a few times while trimming.
8. Voila! you have a fun little yarn pom pom flower! Now make more and stick them in vases all around your house!