If you’re looking for a little twist on the ordinary for your holiday gatherings, or just an easy weeknight desert, this is sure to be a winner!
Blueberry & Rosemary Pie Recipe
- 6 cups of fresh (or frozen) blueberries, rinsed and stems removed (if using frozen, defrost and drain first)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon or orange zest
- 3/4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (3/4 cup if using frozen blueberries)
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar (* if you like your pie on the sweeter side, use 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of sea salt
- 2 Tbsp butter (unsalted), cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 frozen roll out pie crusts ( and kudos to you if you want to make your own!)
Egg wash ingredients:
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
what to do:
2 Gently mix all ingredients, except butter and crust (this includes : blueberries, sugar, flour, cinnamon, lemon or orange zest, salt ,rosemary, vanilla and lemon juice )in a large bowl. Transfer them to the crust in the pie pan. Dot with butter pieces. Roll out remaining dough. Place on top of the berry filling. Tuck the top dough over and under the edge of the bottom dough, and crimp the edges with your fingers. Cut a small (nickel size) hole in the center of the pie crust (so steam can escape while cooking). Transfer the pie to the refrigerator to chill until the dough is firm, about 30 minutes. Heat oven to 425°F.
3 Whisk egg and milk together to make an egg wash.
4 Remove the unbaked pie from refrigerator. Brush the top with egg wash.. Place the pie on the middle rack of the oven with a parchment paper or Silpat lined baking pan positioned on the lower rack to catch any filling that may bubble over. Bake for 20 minutes at 425°. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake for 30 to 40 minutes more or until juices are bubbling and have thickened. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Let cool completely before serving.
fantastic with vanilla ice cream!!!
Makes 8 servings.